Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Wonderful New Toy

I just got a wonderful new toy - the Bond Embellish Knit, a tool for quickly making I-cord, and I just love I-cord. You can buy it at http://www.bond-america.com/products/embellish-knit.html for $14.95 plus shipping. Unfortunately, the instructions that come with the tool are terrible. I wasted almost an hour trying to make sense of the directions. Then I went to Youtube.com and found these great video instructons. I was able to make two yards of I-cord while I watched the video.

I have great plans for this little toy. Take a look at Knitting Over The Edge: Unique Ribs, Cords, Appliques, Colors, Nouveau by Nicky Epstein. There are fantastic uses for I-cord.

There's a hat in Folk Hats: 32 Knitting Patterns & Tales from Around the World (Folk Knitting series) by Vicki Square that is composed of spirals of I-cord.

Now I must return to my new toy.








No comments: